I Can Name That Body Language...
Write several different body languages and facial expressions on index cards (or pieces of paper) Have members of the workshop, do what is said on the card.
As the person is doing the body movement- HANDS ON HIPS- Ask for the rest of the workshop attendees to say what this body language " says " to them.
HANDS ON HIPS
HAND ON STOMACH
STICKING OUT TONGUE
LOOKING AT FLOOR
ARMS CROSSED IN FRONT
Whenever you are getting workshop participants to do anything in front of the group - Remember:
* Have them stand and preferably in front of the class
* Be reassuring that how ever they want to do it is fine.
* Thank them
* Look at how many different messages one body language can say to us.
* We have to be amazing detectives to realize what people are saying to us through their body language - but espeically those who have limited vocabulary or memory loss.
* We need to be very careful of the messages we send out to people. What is YOUR "bad" body language ? Discover it. My was/is hands on hips.
Bring it back to yourself.
<< Back to list